Dear Parents & Carers
Welcome to the new school year. We hope that you have had a happy and safe holiday and have enjoyed precious time with family and friends. A very warm welcome to all our new pupils and their families, we hope that you all settle quickly into school life and enjoy your time at Worplesdon Primary School. We look forward to seeing you all at the start of the new year on Monday 6th September and for our Haven children Friday 3rd September.
As we all return to a ‘new normal’, we will continue to be cautious by limiting contact between year groups, insisting on good hygiene routines and ensuring good ventilation. We will continue to communicate our measures to mitigate COVID in the meantime please find below some reminders about the start of term.
Drop off and pick up
We are going to continue with the staggered drop off and pick up times that we had last year as we feel this encourages a calmer start to the day and reduces traffic on Fairlands.
- Children in Water and Fire should arrive at school and go directly to their classrooms between 8.40am – 8.50am.
- Children in Earth and Air should arrive at school and go directly to their classrooms between 8.50am – 9.00am.
- Children in the Haven should arrive at school at 8.45am
- Children in Water and Fire should be collected between 3.00pm – 3.10pm.
- Children in Earth and Air should be collected between 3.10pm – 3.20pm.
- Children in the Haven should be collected from school at 2.45pm
The entrances will remain the same as last year: Reception, Year 1, Year 2 and Haven children will come in via the main pedestrian gates whilst Year 3, 4, 5 & 6 will walk up the main driveway into the KS2 playground.
Children will continue to come into school wearing their PE kit on the days that they do PE. Worplesdon PE kits consists of: red shorts, white Worplesdon T-shirt, plimsolls or trainers for outdoor games lessons and a grey tracksuit for outdoor/winter lessons.
- Reception: Thursday
- Year 1: Monday & Friday
- Year 2: Monday & Friday
- Year 3: Tuesday & Wednesday
- Year 4: Wednesday & Thursday
- Year 5: Tuesday & Wednesday
- Year 6: Monday & Tuesday
- Penguins (Haven): Tuesday
- Falcons (Haven): Tuesday & Thursday
Masks: All visitors entering the school building will be asked to wear masks inside. Parents/carers are not requested to wear masks on site when outside the building. This will be reviewed regularly. We fully respect those who wish to continue to wear masks.
COVID Symptoms: If you or your child have any COVID symptoms (temperature, sore throat, new continuous cough, loss of taste or smell) you should not enter the school site and should seek a COVID PCR test via post or at a testing centre. Lateral flow tests are not sufficient as these are for asymptomatic use. You should wait for your results before returning to school, please inform the office if your child has these symptoms.
COVID Positive: There has been a change to the rules for people who test positive for COVID.
- Child tests positive from our school: They should isolate for ten days as advised by NHS Track and Trace. Their siblings should still attend school as long as they are not displaying any COVID symptoms.
- Parent tests positive: You should not come onto the school site and should isolate as advised by NHS Track and Trace. However, your child should still attend school if they do not have symptoms, please arrange alternative arrangements to get your child into school.
- Bubbles: Bubbles will not close if there is a positive case in class, children showing symptoms will be sent home to seek a test. Bubbles will only close if advised by Public Health England whereby they would need to deem this as an outbreak - ‘several confirmed cases within 14 days’.
- Wednesday 1st September 2021
- Thursday 2nd September 2021
- Friday 3rd September 2021 (Haven children in school; INSET for The Haven on 1st October 2021)
- Tuesday 4th January 2022
- Friday 27th May 2022
Clubs and Events
Guga are running their sports clubs after school from the week beginning 6th September. Please head to www.bookwhen.com/thegugalife to secure your space. As always, siblings are welcome at any Guga club to make pick-ups easier and if there isn’t a club on there that appeals within your child age group, please get in touch with Dan White on firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a school, we will be offering a range of other after school activities which will start the week commencing 13th September. Further information to follow.
We hope you have a wonderful weekend and look forward to greeting you all at the school gate.
Acting Head Teacher